Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The best dogs

Bean and Wally are learning how to walk really well on leash. Both boys will walk beside me the majority of the time (barring a really fresh scent such as the groundhog). I got an adjustable leash with clips on both ends (euro lead) that works really well.

So far Wally knows sit, sit stay (doesn't like to stay but humors me), down, stand and shake. He is also learning how to jump through a hula hoop. One thing that Wally and I need to work on is down stay. I'm supposed to be able to move around while the dog stays. Wally will stay as long as I'm in his direct line of site. I'm really proud of how far Wally has come and don't mind that he isn't learning his stays as well as the training instructor thinks that he should. I just wish that the trainer could see how much Wally has accomplished. Wally really wants to please me.

Bean will sit when told, he doesn't get the concept of down. I wonder if it's because his hip bothers him but wonder if it also hurts him to sit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home