Thursday, January 26, 2006

Bean the bully

Bean has been a real bully to Wally. Bean doesn’t want Wally to come up the stairs from the entry way. Both dh and myself have had to assert our alpha status with Bean and bring Wally up into the main part of the house. Bean will actually herd Wally back down to the landing. I hope that Wally will realize that he is bigger than Bean and that he can push his way by.

Oscar stays away when Bean is enforcing his alpha status with Wally. Wally did assert himself with Oscar to get onto the bed. Oscar now realizes that he is the low man in the pack. I do give Oscar lots of pets and reassurance.

Wally is such a huge love bug. He loves to snuggle. He likes to sit on my computer chair while I type. He also loves to watch me cook. His nose is right by my elbow. He is learning not to put his paws on the counter or table to see what I’m doing. He is a very enthusiastic eater. Bean will horn in on Oscar and steal his food. Bean knows better than to try this with Wally. I can’t wait until I have to loosen Wally’s harness because he gained weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home