Monday, August 21, 2006

Wally and Cat

This entry is a rambling vent.

This evening I was walking the boys back from the lake to our house. As we came off the trail and onto the sidewalk of our community (I'm glad the adjacent court next to ours) Wally spotted a cat. He immediatly started barking and running after the cat. At first I didn't see the cat. As soon as I realized what was going on I pulled Wally back. The cat ran into it's house. I think that it was dumb of the lady that owned the cat to leave her door propped open. Lots of people walk the lake trail every day and her house is adjacent to the lake. Before I get flamed I want to clarify that I love cats. I grew up with a huge cat. I had two cats before getting my dogs. Unfortunatley I have bad allergies to cats so can no longer have one, otherwise I would have cats too.

Bean was annoyed at Wally for going after the cat and started to chastize him. Wally growled back. At this point the cat lady opens her door and gives me a dirty look with her hands on her hip. I told her that the dogs did spy the cat and chased it for about 2 feet. The lady than asked me in a not so nice voice if the boys we're on leashes. I told her "Yeah" in a sarcastic voice: how she could miss that I was holding 2 leashes is beyond me. She than watched me the whole way up the side walk with her hands on her hip until I turned to go to our court.

I'm really annoyed and probably overreacted but the cat lady needs to realize the most dogs bark at cats. Also, cats are not suppossed to be out not leashed or tagged. If she lets her cat wander she has a rude surprise because there are dog walkers that walk their dogs not on leashes around the lake. This lady is a new renter, the people who lived there before her we're really nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home