Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Dog Sitting and a Stray

I have been dog sitting this week for a family that are good friends of ours. The family has tried the neighbors before. Unfortunately the dog is very touchy and won't let many people come into the house if his people aren't around. Apparently he doesn't warm up to many people. I'm one of the few people that can walk in without the dog's family being home and get a friendly doggy greeting complete with tail wags and doggy kisses. Dh drops me off around bedtime, my son picks me up in the morning on his way home from cross country practice. I than go over around 4 pm and stay until about 6 pm.

Bean has been very upset with me. Today he wouldn't sit in his normal spot right next to me. He took over Wally's sofa and laid with his back to me the whole afternoon.

Yesterday I took the boys down by the lake and up a trail that follows a stream. We encountered what at first I thought was a deer. As we got closer I realized that it was a dog about the same size as Wally. The dog followed us home and came right in. Bean would not let the dog upstairs into the main level. The dog had a half choke collar with no tags. When I grabbed his collar to attach a leash the collar slid right off. I used Wally's racing harness and looped Beans leash through insuring that the dog wouldn't be able to break loose. I than walked the dog over to the vet. I called the vet today. I was told that they had called Animal Control to see if anyone reported a dog missing with the same description. They we're told no. An. Control called back in an hour saying someone just called to report a dog missing with that description. The owner picked up his dog. The vet chastised him for not having any identification on the dog. The dog wasn't micro-chipped either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home