Wednesday, June 07, 2006

To Many Kids

Today on our walk the boys and I ran into a bunch of school kids having a picnic. We had walked 3 quarters around the lake (1.5 miles). At the large pavilion there we’re about 50 kids having a picnic. Unfortunately the teachers decided that this would be a good time to walk back to school. I managed to walk a little ways thinking that I could stay ahead of the kids. Of course I had no such luck. At the point where the kids caught up to use the boys and I had about .25 miles to go. The bad thing is that the path gets very narrow at this point, the lake is on one side and there are houses on the other. I walked off the path as far away from the swarm as possible. The teachers and chaperones told the kids to stay away from the dogs. There are always kids though that won’t listen. Poor Bean felt overwhelmed when a bunch of kids surrounded him. The kids we’re a little to cautious to surround Wally.

I asked one of the chaperones what grade the kids are in. She told me 4th grade. One little boy was saying “look at the bloodhound.” I told him that Wally is a coonhound. He shouted “no, bloodhound.” I told him nope, coonhound. This kid than screams at the top of his lungs “BLOODHOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!” Uhm, okay. For today Wally is a bloodhound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home