Saturday, May 20, 2006

Crowded lake


Wally enjoys wading in the pond.

The lake has gotten very crowded since the weather is so nice. I've started walking alternate trails to get a 2 mile walk in with the boys everyday. Wally also runs about 4 miles with dh after work. One route that the boys enjoy is walking to a small pond. The boys love to sniff the perimeter. Wally enjoys going in the water to see what may be lurking.

Another trail that we take is a sparsely traveled path used mostly by runners and bikers. The trail is part of the 2 mile or 10k challenge used by the striders running group. There is a nice clear area where the stream gets deep and clear that Wally can swim in.

I am impressed with Wally and his progress. He behaved like a little gentleman last night with my craft group. It was my turn to host. When he first came home I couldn't trust him not to steal unguarded food. I set up a card table with all of the food and Wally didn't try to stick is snout on the table or jump up on the table. In the beginning of Wally’s time with us I would catch him standing on the table. It was a funny site so I would end up laughing and not be able to scold him.

Both Wally and Bean tried to charm the ladies into giving them food. Their pleading looks actually worked a few times. Everyone in the group has at least one dog; most of us have at least two so we are all suckers for each others dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home