Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Are they Beagles?

I wish that I had a dollar for each time somebody comments that Bean and Wally are a nice pair of Beagles or ask if they are both Beagles. I get the Beagle comment or question at least once a day. I told one lady that Wally is too tall to be a Beagle and that he is a Treeing Walker Coonhound. The lady did compliment Bean for being a nice looking Beagle. She was saying that most Beagles that she meets are overweight.

Last week I met up with a couple walking around the lake. The man was blind and his wife was guiding him. His wife commented that Wally is the perfect size for a guide dog. I told her that Wally is way to wacky to be a guide dog. Her husband told me that he just lost his guide dog and was in the process of getting another. I can’t imagine any type of hound making a good guide dog. I think that their noses would get them into trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home