Sunday, January 15, 2006

Random Thoughts

For an entry about Saturdays walk please see the post Oscar and Bean in my husband's blog The Occasional Photo

Dh and I went to a nice food party tonight hosted by one of his running buddies who is a chef. He was kind enough to demonstrate his techniques and share his recipes. It’s funny because we we’re jokingly dividing ourselves into runners and non runners.

I'm waiting like a nervous momma to see if we can adopt a Treeing Walker Coonhound. I hope that Oscar and Bean like this dog when they meet him. I also hope that the foster mom approves of our family.

I can tell that some people think that I am crazy for wanting to adopt another dog. My friends that know me really well think that was a great idea. I’m home and have the time to work with a dog. I also plan to become more involved with doggy rescue. I can help with adoption days and I can transport animals.

I honestly don’t understand people that don’t treat their pets like members of the family. My dogs are allowed on my furniture and they sleep with me. Growing up I knew some people that kept a German Shepard in a small outdoor cage, probably about 4’ x 6.’ The dog was rarely given any attention. He was provided with a dog house. The bottom of the cage was concrete which was covered with excrement. The poor dog paced back and forth all day. I wished that this was an isolated occurrence. As a teenager I knew another family that kept a dog in the same manner. I just don’t get it.


1 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

i dont understand either how people can treat animals like that :( I know a guy that jokes if we were to ever date that my little one would have to sleep on the floor... i dont think so!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home