Tuesday, March 07, 2006

New Friends

Today Wally, Bean and I met a lady walking 2 little dogs at the lake. My boys sniffed noses and liked these dogs. I got talking to the lady and found out that she just lost a dog a week ago. She was telling me how much the loss still hurts. I think that she was glad to be able to talk to someone who really likes and values doggy companionship.

The lady was happy to find out that my 3 dogs are all rescues. All 3 (now 2) of her dogs are rescues too. We ended up walking together about halfway around the lake. It was nice to meet a new friend. We agreed that we would try to walk together with our dogs in the future.

Poor Oscar limps along on his walks. The Rimadyl is working but not as well as it did the first dose. I’m starting to get really worried because Oscar will sit down on his walk when he gets tired. The worrisome thing is that he shakes when he rest on his walk. He is 12 years old now. I’m having a hard time accepting that he is slowing down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home