Friday, December 07, 2007

want to update pics

I wanted to add some pictures of Wally and Bean. For some reason my portable drive is not being recognized, ugh.

Wally and Bean are both walking nicely on leash. Today Wally was walking right beside me with rarely a pull. Bean started walking beside me more consistently a few months ago.

The boys had a private lesson with the lady who owns the dog business where I work. She has been training dogs for a very long time. One suggestion was to walk the dogs separately and to stop completely when Wally surges ahead. Another suggestion that is working was to interact with each dog separately; she noticed that Bean has more of a personnel space issue than Wally. Apparently Bean is very tolerant of Wally, gives Wally a few warnings that he is invading his space. Bean gets really snappish when Wally decides not to take the hint. The trainer also noticed that Wally will use his size to invade Bean's space, something that I had never noticed before.

I love how quickly the boys learn and how each have their own distinct personalities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home